Walk past the main entrance for The Kings Arms
Hampton Court Palace
Originally owned by Cardinal Wolsey, the 280 room palace was taken over by Henry VIII in 1526, four years before Wolsey's arrest for treason and death.Wren rebuilt and extended the palace between 1696 and 1704 for William and Mary.
The Royal Thames
The Thames is sometimes referred to as "The Royal Thames" due to the number of palaces and castles along its banks.

back to textnext picture